Thursday, October 11, 2007

Had a great Accessible City Expo yesterday

Yesterday was a great day. The Expo at the Convention Center was a great success. We had 5 HIV testing vehicles instead of 4 and they seemed to be busy for most of the day. We had a wide mixture of caucasian, latino and African Americans, as well as people with disabilities who are often left out.

I gave out 100s of condoms - to young people and old people. Hopefully they will used them and and not join the ranks of those living with HIV/AIDS. It is a good feeling to know you may have helped someone to a more healthy life.

At end of day I was tired but had a sense of accomplishment - I did it; I organized it and set it up. Maybe this will be my last year to do this and I wanted to go it right. It also got my mind off cancer for a while.

1 comment:

theridion said...

Cool that you are helping these people (and have done so). I can see where it might help in this new spate of STDs harnessing the population. Maybe it will wake up somebody's sexual morale, so to speak. Hopefully, big spiritual break throughs will come in this area in the future. As it's rather unknown, it's still a big problem for supposedly one out of two people...maybe globally. Have a great end of the week and enjoy this wonderful October weather.