Saturday, March 15, 2008

Good Day yesterday

Yesterday was a good day. I went to Foxy's Restaurant in Glendale, my first time to go to a restaurant since before the surgery!!

I sat in a booth and was comfortable sitting straight up and not on a slant like my recliner at home. It was nice to order from a menu and just be out of the house. I saw an AA friend on the patio and rapped on the window to get his attention. He did a double take and came in and we talked for several minutes, both of us happy to see each other.

Then off to an AA meeting where I saw two guys take birthday cakes - 10 years and 17 years - and was a nice ending to a nice day. Just being able to sit up again is an accomplishment on my road to recovery.

Also talked with my boss at work and worked out the timesheet information and I may even be able to give ideas on how we can put on my department's ACE Expo, which is in doubt now because of money. Even if no one likes my ideas, at least I can be thinking about something other than my surgery, etc. Also if I email something to them, they can't roll their eyes back as I make the presentation!

I also told him that people are free to visit or call me if they want. Monday my sister Marilyn will visit and I am looking forward to that. I also want to get a longer outing - yesterday I was out about 3 1/2 hours.

3 comments:

theridion said...

You are doing great...amazing how far you have come in 66 days. You are setting growth goals, a step atta time, and that's great in itself. A Higher Power can do a lot of things. Wishing you a happy upcoming week. Good your sister visiting you. Great you are thinking of doing work...all growth areas. I'm doing "similar" in stopping smoking. Trying to do all I've done and add a little more atta time each day/each week. MARC

Unknown said...

Hi Sheridan,
Sounds like you are on the road to recovery. Keep up the good work. Kathy and I aree going the art class at Wellness Saturday my picture come out half way decent I'll email acopy of it.

Love,
Noreen

Unknown said...

It's great to hear that you're getting out more often AND that you are going to meetings. Nothing like seeing one's friends to feel better. Yes, the Expo is definitely at risk and we must do some brainstorming. Betty asked me for ideas on how we can raise funds and she liked what I came up with, so bring them on Sheridan. I'd love to visit you guys again but PLEASE, ask Tony if he'll make more of that delicious flan! What are you doing for your birthday?