Monday, March 24, 2008

Nice Easter

Yesterday was a nice day. I got out of the house to a restaurant for the second time. Went back to Foxy's for turkey dinner, since it was so good the last time. Again sat up in a booth and felt OK. I did a bunch of "brainstorming" for ideas for my department's Expo and sent them off by email yesterday. I hope that some of the ideas solve the problems and keep the Expo on track. They do seem do-able.

Today I will get to a meeting and tomorrow will go to Tony's doctor's appointment with him. His appointment is 10 am near Beverly Hills, so we will have to leave at around 9 am. I want to get some early starts for my day, so I can begin to prepare to go back to work. I really can't afford to retire now, because of the medical coverage and other reasons. Even working one more year gives me one more point toward retirement and that means a couple hundred each month. Plus I really enjoy the work and the people.

I guess I always thought it would be nice to stay at home and collect the pay checks, but it really isn't so nice.

2 comments:

theridion said...

Hey, you are doing great. Sounding and looking good at Atwater. Keep up the great growth...a little bit at a time, one day atta time. Good you see the need to stay busy.

Unknown said...

WOW. You really worked hard after our chat on Saturday. I got your emails with excellent ideas and shared about it at the staff meeting. Tony will get in touch with you if he hasn't already. I love your last statement on this post Sheridan but I think that in your case, the time-off wasn't as enjoyable because you couldn't really do much while at home since you were recovering!! Take two months off while healthy and THEN judge spending time at home. Look at all you did in 24 hours last weekend! Anyway, I am very happy that you are out and about. See you next week!