Friday, April 4, 2008

What A Two Day Period!

This has been a red letter week. Yesterday I got dressed in suit and tie and went into the office to say "hi" to all, and to see if I could sit in my chair for work. It was a great day and very successful. They also had a birthday cake for my 69th which is Saturday. It was nice to be dressed up for work and I think I will shoot for April 14th for my first day back, exactly 3 months from the day I went into the hospital!

Today I great news from two sources. A friend of mine in the Wellness Community reported that the new chemo she was having is working perfectly and instead of just giving her some more time, it is PUTTING HER IN REMISSION. A wonderful answer to many prayers.

Also a dear friend in Chicago sent pictures of her and her brand new baby girl. She had had a couple miscariages and I hadn't heard from her for a long time and was worried about her health and the baby. Again this was an answer to many prayers and I can't imagine anyone who could be a better mom that her.

Saturday I will be going out to eat Chinese for my birthday. WOW!

2 comments:

theridion said...

Happy Birthday once again Sheridan. You are doing amazing and thank you for sharing examples of the power of prayer. Glad you are motivated and into action working for Providence. Wishing you well on your endeavors and great you made it on Thursday...this is excellent in a mere 80 days or so. Will keep in touch. Thank you for letting me share with you...always thinking of you in the "Bug House."

Unknown said...

It was great to see you and Tony Sheridan. We were supposed to go see you at your place to celebrate your birthday and you beat us to it. I am very happy to see that you look so well and almost ready to go back to work.