Saturday, December 29, 2007

Hard(ly) At Work

This is me hard at work this week. Did I tell you that when I was a kid were were very poor. We were so poor that I had three sisters and they were all named Sheridan. We could only afford one name.

Well, in less than 16 days I go into the hospital. Today I talked with a guy who went through the surgery 5 years ago! He seemed OK, so maybe I will be too.

I was thinking today that God gave me the gift of life 68 years ago, and then gave me a new gift of life 32 years ago when I joined AA, and on Jan. 15 God gives me another new gift of life with the surgery. I guess I had to deal with the first two gifts of life, and now I have to deal with a new and different one next year.




4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do what you need to do to prepare for the change, learning from folks that have gone through this road before you. We will all enjoy your third gift this coming year! You ain't going anywhere, my friend, except maybe to Weight Watchers after eating all that delicious food Tony will feed you in the weeks following the surgery!

Unknown said...

Sheridan. I like you blog spot, for sure. Neat.

Thanks much for our phone conversation yesterday.

Thinking about you and wishing you the best. All is working for the good.

Richard in NC

theridion said...

Yes, all are gifts (and maybe in gratitude it's important to look at it this way). Friends of Bill works as my own mentor made it almost 35 years beyond his bottom (1972-2007). It could be he was over biased against the "medical mafia." Bill talks about doctors and psychs and it's wise not to render judgement on them but discern for oneself how far they wanna go here. An important boundary not to be breached.
My second temp sponsor has made it since 1981 and assumed the climbing of the rocky crags of a variant of Tibetan Buddhism. I see where it might work. I'm grateful as that's 12 years of working with people off and on. And all the others that have come and go...gotta stand in gratitude and remember.

theridion said...

That's a "God shot" Sheridan...to meet someone that did it. Maybe the HP giving you hope at this juncture.