Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Surgery Date set

Monday night my doctor called and answered most of my questions, and I guess I made the right decision about the surgery.

He said I will go into the hospital Jan. 14th and have the surgery Jan. 15th (a Tuesday). I am not looking forward to the surgery or finding out what my life might be after the surgery, but I have a little of peace of mind knowing that things are set. Now all I have to do is show up (I would say suit up and show up but actually it is more like be naked and have a doctor cut into me with knives). Before the surgery date I will donate blood for myself over at Kaiser Hospital, in case it is needed, as a safety issue.

Now I am going to make the most of the rest of my time. Will go to Las Vegas this weekend and later Disneyland's California Adventure, and other stuff.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, we finally have a surgery date now so I know you won't go postal on me again (smile). Have fun with Tony in Vegas and make the most of this time, my friend! I want to see two pounds of See's candy this time next year on DOD's kitchen celebrating again, you hear? Better yet, we'll make it a Porto's feast, yes?

theridion said...

We'll (the bug house) be there for you downstream...wishing you a great time. Fremont Street Experience pretty groovy...an old meeting just north of there...night time. How about Yosemite and Kings Canyon National Park...or the redwoods along PCH? R is up there (out past member on the curmudgeons meeting). Magic Mountain? (gotta get ahead of the hordes in early morning)...tram ride to San Jacinto Peak a trip...then, again Laughlin just a short trip from Vegas...1000s of other possibilties ...have a fab day