Saturday, February 23, 2008

Better and Better

Recovery is still slow but I am getting better and better (at least my doctor says so and others tell me so). Thursday I got out to my first AA meeting since Jan. 14th and it was good. This was pretty exciting for me, since the only other two times I have been out of the house since released from the hospital were to go back to doctor's appointments at the the hospital. There was more excitement on the way.

One of the Los Angeles gangs and the police decided to have a shoot out on my regular route to the meeting. It started with a drive by gang shooting 2 miles south and they murderers tried to "escape" by driving north which was right toward the NorthEast Division Police Station. The police stopped the car and three of the passengers began firing automatic weapons at the police, who returned fire and killed two and arrested a third. The police and helicopters kept at the scene looking for the fourth person and gathering the evidence. I guess there were like 50 rounds fired. They keep the streets closed for some of the morning into the evening. The local middle school was locked down unti around 6:30 pm.

Anyway there is never a dull moment. Actually this is the first gang activity in years and there used to be constant activity, so there has been progress

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jesus Christ Almighty Sheridan! Were you walking when this happened or were you driving? This sounds like a scene out of a movie! Heck you were just getting control of your BMs and then this happens!! (smile)

theridion said...

Congrats Sheridan...you are doing the footwork and a Higher Power is guiding you in your great incline growth. Cool...yes, that area rather turbulent. Used to walk down Fletcher and nearly jumped on a couple of occasions.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your note on the umbrella Sheridan. I joined Achim's weight loss challenge in Santa Monica. He was very happy to learn that you are well on your way to a full recovery and he sends his love. I hope all is well and you're almost ready to put on your weights and start taking your walks again. Most of all, I hope you are able to go to meetings now. I know how important they are. Give my love to Tony!