Saturday, February 16, 2008

Continuing to recover

Recovery is slow and sometimes seems to be non existant but It really is there. I may be getting some control of my BMs and that is a start.

Four friends of mine from work come over to see me on Wedneday, the day before Valentine's Day and it was a wonderful surprise. Tony fixed them dinner but most of the things were things I couldn't eat. It was nice to know that people cared enough to come over.

Next week I have to go to Kaiser Hospital to have some blood taken so this will be my second "outing" since coming home from the hospital. I am going to try to wear pants and not just the hospital gown, and try to talk with the oncology nurse for a couple minutes.

I am almost ready to try going out of the house for a short trip, maybe to an AA meeting.

2 comments:

theridion said...

What's happening Sheridan...I sent a link for AA gravevine and will try to find some older ones where possible. You are doing great keep up the good work. Just one day atta time. Take care

Unknown said...

Yes, and it was very good to see you and taste some new Tony creations! I hope everything went well at Kaiser this week and that you are feeling better. Yesterday, Victor and I looked in your drawers for an umbrella he said you told him to feel free to grab it. It was not there. Still missing you here very much Sheridan. Hurry back!