Friday, February 1, 2008

Good news yesterday

Thursday I had my first post-surgery doctor's appointment and the news was good - CANCER FREE. The labs showed cancer in my bladder only and that is gone, gone, gone. They took some xrays of my new bladder and it looks OK. They also took out the staples, and surprised me by taking out the drain and the catheter (that was supposed to be next week). I still have a lot of pain but that should now diminish.

Now I have to move into the next phase - learning how to pee.

I thank everyone for their prayers, cause I think this was a big part of what has happened.

Also today it turned to February. That means that my surgery was LAST MONTH!

3 comments:

theridion said...

Congratulations Sheridan...thanking a Higher Power and you are doing great...I'll check in a say "hi" pretty soon. Excellent news and like we find in AA, another chance at this phase in life.

Unknown said...

You sure had practically an army praying for you Sheridan! It worked! I know that recovering seems to take forever but you'll be back here before you know it.

Unknown said...

Besides, when was the last time you learned something new? You're doing it now!