Monday, June 30, 2008

BIRTHDAY WEEK !

This is birthday week for me at my AA meetings. So far I have taken 33-year cakes Saturday morning, Saturday evening and Sunday morning. And I will take one at 12:30 noon today from a good friend who is also dealing with cancer. After today's meeting I plan to go out for lunch. It has been a difficult year but I have gotten through it all.

At work, I am hoping that the Expo is a "go" but I won't know until later this week. At least I have done all I could do to make it happen. Somethings just won't happen no matter how hard you work for them, but with determination and strength from a Higher Power many things are possible.

The weather is a little cooler, but I still want to get some air conditioning in the very near future, at least for the bedrooms. I still don't know how to put air in the living room without ruining the view.

2 comments:

ProstateCancer said...

Happy Birthday! From Darryl and all of your friends at OutWithCancer at http://www.outwithcancer.com

theridion said...

Hey it was wonderful to see you take your cake. And I hope to take many more cakes with you. It's spiritual to know our limits and this is ongoing. A 10000 BTU air conditioner probably would do a good job at cooling significant portions of the house. The Prague Castle backyard job would probably be a good $5 million bucks or more. For $250, I'll look into it! Have a happy 4th and remembering that we broke off from those "lobster backs."