Friday, November 2, 2007

Four down and Two more to go

Today I had the fourth of six BCG treatments and no side effects, but hoping there is a lot of effect on the cancer! I am hoping and praying that this will work and I won't have to face the major bladder removal surgery.

Tuesday after I got back from seeing the therapist, my doctor's office called and canceled my 4:15 pm Nov. 20th appointment and, of course, I thought the worst - that he had bad news and didn't want to tell me before the holidays. The next day his office called and changed the appointment to 6 pm on Nov. 2o.

I really don't want to find out what is next and I do want to know. Very mixed feelings. I want to ask my doctor questions and then hold my hands over my ears so I can't hear him. lol

Last week I found out that the young son of a friend at work is in critical condition at a hospital, and I feel so sorry for my friend and his 20 year old son. I think that children with serious illness is one of the sadest things. At least I had a long life before cancer entered my life, over 25 years without even seeing a doctor.

2 comments:

theridion said...

Yes, there's always something to be grateful for. The monks in Tibet believe that A: we come from past lifetimes and B: we will karmically merger this lifetime to the next one...?? Who knows. Indebtedness to A.A. remains and continuing to pay back to A.A. the opportunities of growth it brought me big time. See you soon like your shares you've helped the clan by the shish kebob a lot over the years...prayers for the kid in critical condition...

theridion said...

You are doing better then me regarding the medical: I"ve seen doc probably 20 times in the last 30 years. However, haven't seen them since 2001. Making the distance but utilizing them only as needed...the Big Book hints to this.