Friday, November 23, 2007

Oncologist appointment

Monday, Nov. 19 I met with my oncologist with a list of questions and things seem to be about as bad as they can get.

The cancer is spreading in my bladder and the BCG that I was having for the last 6 Fridays probably has only a 30 per cent chance of working and then only temporarily. The bottom line is that sometime in either January or February I will most likely go through that terrible bladder removal surgery. If the surgery is succesful I might be able to get back to sort of a normal life after a fairly long period of time, and I have a very good doctor. I guess I will try to work with that thought and be as positive as I can muster. If it turns out badly, I will have a terrible life, but still be alive.

One good thing is that removal of the bladder, prostate, et al, is that the cancer is completely gone and I only have to be checked every year or so. The "cure" rate is 80 to 90%, cause the whole bladder is removed - there ain't nothing left to have cancer.

I am beginning to accept the above (it has been only 3 days since my meeting with my doctor), although I am still depressed and fearful, expressed in a lot of anger.

More later.

2 comments:

theridion said...

There for ya man...this is big "walking through all with a Higher Power" time. Going for a Higher Power's will and the power to carry that out.

Unknown said...

My prayers are with you............All will be well.........you are a very special person!!!!