Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Not the best news

Today the weather got better - not as hot as the last couple days. Yesterday it was so hot that I was so sweaty that I kept slipping out of my chair and landing on the floor. I was working a crossword puzzle and had to put a piece of plastic on top to keep it from being soaked with dripping sweat.

The oncology visit today wasn't so great. I had hoped to be put on a six-month schedule for the cystoscopy exam, but my doc. saw something and now I will have to have a biopsy surgery in three weeks or so. I also have to see if my kidneys have decided to get in on the bladder cancer act. (He said there was only 2% chance of this happening, so I guess that is good).

Well, this is just more of the ongoing saga. I did lose three people recently to cancer: Ferd Eggan, one of my heroes who was active in AIDS prevention; Ellen (aka Puppy) who kept a wonderful sense of humor and a zest for life all the way to the end: and Ken, a kindly gentle man, an artist, and an over all good person. I really don't want to join them, but I couldn't find better people to join.

I am still M L COOL S, the oldest living Rapper.

2 comments:

theridion said...

Hey Sheridan...you are doing great. I see you doing the footwork and turning it over! Hats off to you. Should cool off by tomorrow. have a fab evening

Unknown said...

Hey Sheridan,
I am sending you lots of love and good vibes! As always, you'll come out triumphant!