Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Surgery successful. Now recovery.

The surgery was successful and I got home Monday, Jan 21 and it was nice to be home. Had a lot of pain but with vicadan it went away and I was able to get some sleep. I was planning to have take a picture of myself 'now' and 'after' - without shaving I look pretty scraggly (I scared myself and my dog Heidi). I guess I also don't smell too good. However, I can still smell (read still alive) and am getting around with a walker.

I won't know the lab reports for a couple days but my doctor said he was sure that the cancer is completely gone. Yea! Now I have to work on healing - I guess there is always something.

I am looking out the window to gloomy skies but they look pretty good to me!!!!

More later.

2 comments:

theridion said...

Congratulations and continue to look to a Higher Power for continued growth and spiritual enlargement. Thank you for your spiritual insight yesterday. Will try to remember that. You're doing great the past 9 days...I guess that "Bodie" don't look like your relative. This was probably one of the towns quickly made to try to get the gold. A lot still standing after 147 years...truly amazing. Wishing you a great day, one day atta time.

Unknown said...

What happened to the pictures of you I took at the hospital?