Friday, January 11, 2008

Under 70 hours now

Not that I am counting or anything but now it is under 70 hours until I check in to the hospital and begin to meet my new life. Last night I learned some exercises to use with the new bladder, and learned a little more about to expect during and after the surgery. Today I had an appointment with the stoma nurse and learned about the best and worst cases for the new bladder system. I guess I can live with either, although I would prefer the best case. The nurse was going through being diagnosed with cancer and we hugged and said that we both will survive.

I am ready to face this thing (that is right now, ask me again an hour from now) and I do want to live and I do want beat this cancer. I am trying to he optomistic and positive and to keep my sense of humor. I will probably be off the internet after Monday morning for a week or two or three.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't "try to be" optimistic just be optimistic. The guy who'll work on you has done this 150 times!!! Besides his great experience and good track record, you've got your very own doctor to take care of you 24/7 in your very own home AND, you've got a whole bunch of relatives and friends praying and causing you to recover quickly. Remember that I'm wearing your AIDS research rubber bracelet until you get back to the office so hurry up before I develop a rash -not used to having this on my arm- OK? Get ready to see all DOD at your bedside as soon as we are allowed.
WE LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!

theridion said...

Once again, Sheridan an excellent lead at the meeting tonite. I believe you and a Higher Power shared to the room...every guy in there could have picked up something from what you shared. Thank you again.

theridion said...

Hello Sheridan...have an excellent present for you from a member of the Fellowship...will also bring it to Tony Tuesday. Thank you for leading the meeting last nite.