Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tomorrow is the Day



How fast the days from Dec. 10th to Jan. 14th went! This Saturday we went to Ports of Call in San Pedro again, this time with a friend who took some pictures. Above is my next to last meal before surgery. Tomorrow I go in to the hospital at noon and then they clean me out so I will have clean intestines to make the new bladder.
Tuesday morning early I will have the surgery, 6-8 hours, and for the next week or so the only food I can't have will be solids and liquids. Hence, the last meal. (Get it?)
In a way I have sort of lost the battle with the demon cancer but in a way not. Cause the beast won the battle, but with the bladder removal, I will win the war!
Long live me!!!




3 comments:

theridion said...

With ya on how you phrased that...

theridion said...

Interesting info on the aerospace engineer. The Wiltern had a large Kimball theater organ installed soon after the theater started. This instrument is in a wealthy home and remodified I believe. The Lanternman organ is shown on my blog. The tiny pic of George Wright addressing the audience in the San Francisco Fox Theater. This is where this organ was installed in 1931 from the Wurlitzer factory. They almost put this organ in the Alex Theater in Glendale; realizing the theater was too small, it was bought by Disney and shipped (9 years ago or so) to the El Capitan Theater where it now plays. You are right the Kimball may have been the largest on the west coast. The biggest Wurlitzers were about the same size as the Kimball and installed in the Fox Theater chain.

Unknown said...

It would be nice to go back to San Pedro for your first "real meal" outside once you're well enough to leave the house. Long live Sheridan!